Learning to Persevere is a Skill for the Strong of Heart...
I am advancing in leaps and bounds. Do you feel that energy too? The spring and summer are so potent this year!
These days, I feel like I am learning more than usual. And I want to be better. And I want to make more. And I want to do more, see more, travel, learn, read more, discover more, find out about myself - more. But, in all honesty, all those things happen in life whether we seek them out or not.
We need to learn and discover - it is our basic human nature. We are here because our brains are impeccable at learning new information. Our curiosity tells us to seek it out. The human brain can solve complex problems and produce intricate solutions. We have imagination, and creativity! These are blessings! These are what make us all so interesting. (We're flawed in many ways, and this too makes us what we are - beautiful beings of radiance & imperfection). We are in tune with energies around us, and each other... But, I digress.
I have experienced more personal abundance and growth this season than any other to date. It has given me the space and the right timing I needed to push past my old fears, barriers, and challenges. But successes are not given to us. It's our hard work paying off.
I have been practicing my ukulele - actually practicing and playing and singing. This is not something I've done in my past... I would practice enough to get by, but working to improve and perfect a song is a wonderful feeling that I've been missing out on. And this applies to everything in life.
I have been making plans, leaping into chance, and really, truly, embracing my own creativity. AND IT FEELS REALLY REALLY GOOD.
"How did we miss this growing up?" I feel like asking, but I know I'm normal---we all experience this---it looks different in different people, places, generations, stations, but in fact, this IS growing up.
Here is some unsolicited advice:
1. You can't jump before you're ready, but you must keep making yourself ready.
----Push yourself to keep doing better.
-------Don't be afraid of tears.
2. Accept the days you feel shitty. Don't beat yourself up for having lack luster lazy days.
3. Here is the secret: IT'S OK. But you also need to move on - you can't let it bog you down; dull your shine.
4. Get through those days with minimal damage - and then leave it behind. Keep moving forward.
5. Find ways to support yourself: This is so important. Without my weekly meeting with my therapist, and I was a wreck a year ago. Now, I keep working the skills she taught me and it keeps gets easier. I continue to inch myself beyond my previous boundaries, and however subtle it may be, I make progress everyday. And there are days I backtrack. The biggest thing is, I don't berate myself internally when I do.
6. Sometimes we need to learn the same lesson twice. Sometimes we need to learn the same lesson thousands of times.
7. As long as you keep learning, and polishing your shine, you're going in the right direction.
HERE'S TO FREEDOM, CREATIVITY & SELF-LOVE